Thursday, January 30, 2014

salted moon

i could fall in a swirl of warmth
in colors shades of red
with a blind eye to reflection
that leads us straight to bed

i could pick a thousand sunflowers
and plant every seed
with swatches in mind
to paint all over everything

i could slowly sink in blues
and kiss all that's red and flies
wish on crumbs of the sun
scattered in clear quiet nights

i could swish around the green
between my teeth that told the lies
to my heart that stomps below
under quivering sighs

i could make another recipe
of drowsy pinks and beige
and call out for the sandman
sleep through a few days

i could dance around in temperatures
that make the whole place green
and pretend i'm an acoustic version
of my own reality

i could pick apart phrases
that make cheeks turn pink
and mold them into silver sharp
to pierce the silence in between

but if i mixed them all together
i'd be floating in a sea of brown
beneath a hazy cloak of fog
salty sweat to kiss my crown

ivory, on the other hand,
obscures the kaleidoscope i know
must capture all the pieces
perspective sets it all aglow

so i mother to my soul
drive myself around to a lull
wrap me up in soft fleece
and tuck me in, call me beautiful

lick the pretty tears
and shape the faded scars
make plans for a splattered sunset
and a salty river to run through it all

when it rises as it will
and the dawn kisses the moon
i'll be well enough to brace for the tide
because that's all there is to do



No comments:

Post a Comment